Self Love January Continues with Eating Right.
As much as exercise is an important thing to make you feel good for Self Love January, so is Eating Right! What we put in our bodies fuels us and keeps us going through out the day, so lets be smart with our choices.
I can definitely do better with this, sometimes I have a hectic work schedule and I just don’t eat. Which is soo bad!! Not eating is just as draining as not putting the “right” foods in your body. Here are some simple tricks that I’ve learned along the way to make sure I’m fueling myself the right way!
1. Don’t Skip Breakfast – I was the Queen of skipping breakfast and not putting anything into my body until lunch time. Even if you aren’t a HUGE breakfast eater, grab something! One of my favorite things to do now is to Make a Smoothie! Currently my favorite smoothie to make is a Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie, recipe below…
- 8 Oz of Pineapple Juice (After this step I kind of just eyeball everything, not a measuring type of girl. Lol!)
- 1 – Individual container of either coconut vanilla yogurt or greek vanilla yogurt
- Frozen Strawberries
- Blend and Enjoy!! 😀
And if you want to try some other recipes here’s a link to 20 Super Charged Healthy Smoothie Recipes from Delish.com
2. Always Keep a Snack With You – For those hectic days, it’s important to keep a snack with you. You can always get the little individual snacks they sell in the stores, or make your own. Pita and Hummus, Celery and Almond or Peanut Butter, Trail Mix, Dried Fruit, and Granola Bars are some good grab and go snacks to keep in mind.
3. Try Not to Eat Out All the Time – Sometimes its better to stay in and cook your own food so you know exactly what’s going into it. I’m one of those people who’s not that great at putting meals together on my own, but lately I’ve fallen in LOVE with using Home Chef. I get to pick the meals I want and then cook them at home. It’s soo fun! Everything comes conveniently pre-packaged and the directions are easy to follow and I always end with a “WOW I made this, It’s Soo Good!!”
4. JUICE – And since no one is perfect, if I absolutely fail at doing 1 – 4, then I’ll juice because at least I’ll know something healthy is going in my body. My favorite place to grab them is at Pressed Juicery. Because let’s be honest if I can’t do 1-4 NO WAY I’m juicing at home. Lol!
What are some tricks you have to eating right?? Would love to hear, comment below.